pocketdragonheaven.co.uk Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When life should mean life

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Pocketdragonheaven >Messages Home -> EVERYDAY CHAT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diane
jammy
jammy

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 16:52 pm    Post subject: When life should mean life Reply with quote

I am sat here flabbergasted!!!

Peter's mother and lodger Jason Owens were given indefinite sentences. She must serve at least five years and Owens at least three years.

The boyfriend was given 12 years over Peter's death and life for raping a two-year-old girl. He must serve a minimum of 10 years.

10 YEARS!!! IS THAT IT!!!! THEY SHOULD SLING HIM IN A CAVE WITH A BOLDER IN FRONT AND LET HIM ROT TO DEATH.
The other two well it beggers belief that a so called mother is that naive enough and cold enough to allow her baby / child to endure such evil. I just can't get my head round this I really can't.

What on earth is the judge thinking, surely they should have got higher sentences than this, its a sick joke surely????
Gordy
Bubble & Squeak
Bubble & Squeak

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 20:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your frustration Di, I was talking about this the other day and it made me think, if I lured a child off the street, took them home, tortured them for a few months until they finally died, would I get just 10 years???? Myra Hindley didn't, is this much different???

If you watch an American programme that tells you about their crimes and punishments, with or without the death penalty, their sentences are much more apt to the crimes.

In the UK we hear of old ladies getting beaten and mugged for their pensions, ending up in hospital and either living a life of fear or dying of the trauma, the criminals rarely get more than a few years for this.

Our system for criminals is far too lenient, but like everything this government do, if our prisons are too full or we are over run with crime, just decriminalise everything and then our figures will look good again in the next election, it makes me sooo angry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pocketdragonheaven.co.uk Forum Index -> EVERYDAY CHAT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: