pocketdragonheaven.co.uk Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update on my news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Pocketdragonheaven >Messages Home -> EVERYDAY CHAT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diane
jammy
jammy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 14:08 pm    Post subject: Update on my news Reply with quote

Not sure how many of you know this but my son last year was attacked and glassed in his forehead requiring 30 stitches. Anyway this week was the trial and it went over 3 days. The waste of human flesh was found guily of GBH with malicious intent and will be sentenced in 3 weeks, he has already been warned it will be behind bars, as he already has 7 previous convictions of common assult and is also on remand for something else he has done, but not sure what that is at present. I will let you all know what he sentence he gets.
Gordy
Bubble & Squeak
Bubble & Squeak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 23:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was such a vicious attack and totally unnecessary, I think it is about time you heard that justice is finally being done, so many people get off with things like this.

Although maybe justice should have been served for one of the 7 previous convictions, then he wouldn't have been on the streets to hurt Ben in the first place!! His parents must be so proud!!

How is Ben now Diane? Keep us informed and let us know what sentence this thug gets.
Diane
jammy
jammy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am aware Ali the lad that did this to Ben should have still be inside for the previous conviction but was allowed out because of good beheaviour Shocked
His parents couldn't give 2 hoots to be honest they certainly didn't come to court to show their support.
Ben is ok although the last couple of weeks he has been stressed knowing he had to give evidence, and the fact he kept getting threatened as well if he stood. The problem was because the threats were over the net there was little that could be done about it.
The scar is now about 2 1/2 " long although it's weird because its indented so therefore noticable when face to face. He is considering more surgery to see if there is anyway it could be disgusied a little more. He still gets massive headaches but usually uses my meds as they help him. Most of the damage was actually done internally, the maxi facial surgeon had to stich internally over 2" longer than the length of his scar because the glass cut a 4 `/2" cut to the skull under the forehead. Difficult to explain but hopefully you will get what I mean.
Reading on the net it seems he could get anywhere between 18 months and 8 years. Although this crime can carry a life sentence.
Tam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it really peeves me there are such monsters around they should bring back hanging people may think twice about inflicting harm to others
Gordy
Bubble & Squeak
Bubble & Squeak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 23:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now that we have DNA for concrete proof and many, many do-gooders to ensure there is fairness, I can't see why hanging can't come back, it would make a lot of people think twice.

Unfortunately we have gone the other way, they have decriminalised so many crimes now that it is hard to get in these luxury hotels... I mean.. prisons... that is unless you don't pay your Council Tax!!!!

I know some people are going to huff at my luxury hotels comment, but I think that three square meals, a bed and just enough exercise is enough, anything beyond that is not a deterrent or not paying the debt that the victims deserve.

As for good behaviour, I wonder what that actually means, does it mean if you don't kill someone while you are in there you've been good? I think they should replace that with the likelihood of committing another offence, with a previous 6 similar offences under his belt this thug should never have been let out on the seventh.

I feel sorry for Ben, I have a few scars myself but none so noticable as on the face (well one little one, but my fringe covers it), sometimes time can make it a lot better, I would think again before having too many surgeries.

Did the bloke ever explain why he did it? And why Ben?
Diane
jammy
jammy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No he was a nutter, it seems he thought his phone had been left in Bens car, when he couldn't find it, he said Ben had stolen it, and he flipped out, but he went with out with the bottle ..containing a sauce, so he went armed. The sad fact is it was not mentioned in court that his phone was found the next day down a sofa Shocked
Your comments are correct about a luxury hotel as not only do they get all of what you state but they can do courses whilst there free!!!! Take for eg the counselling course I am doing, over a period of the 5 yrs it will cost me thousands to do this, yet its free if you are on the inside.
I am hoping that with 7 previous convictions and the fact this happened whilst he still should have been serving time, what he gets will be what be gets regardless of any beheaviour.
Diane
jammy
jammy

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 22:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sentence was passed today ............................. 3yrs 28 days inside the nick!!! I hope they throw away the keys and piddle in his porridge!!!!
Diane
jammy
jammy

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 22:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and another thing if found guilty of this other crime he is on remand for that will be on top!!!
graham
Superstar
Superstar

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justice at last di, lets hope this guy learns from this....i doubt it though. hope your son feels better for this...
Gordy
Bubble & Squeak
Bubble & Squeak

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 20:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is strange because I have just answered the other topic claiming that we are too lenient on crime.

GBH is not something I would normally associate with a custodial sentence carrying over three years, so some might say it is a bit high, but Ben has got to live with the memory and the scars for the rest of his life, not just 3 years and 28 days, so others might say it is not long enough (especially his mum, but she is bias, lol).

Well at least he is locked up for now, hopefully it might give him a long time to realise that the world doesn't revolve around him.

I am just glad for you all that it is all over. xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pocketdragonheaven.co.uk Forum Index -> EVERYDAY CHAT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: