pocketdragonheaven.co.uk Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are they down yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Pocketdragonheaven >Messages Home -> EVERYDAY CHAT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gordy
Bubble & Squeak
Bubble & Squeak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 13:57 pm    Post subject: Are they down yet? Reply with quote

Yesterday was the last day that your decs should have been up until, did you take them down?

Talk about doing it right this year, I always intend to get my decs up on the first weekend of December, which I did and they came down last night, wow!!! The first time in 11 years of living away form home, lol.

So what about you? Did you get fed up with them and take them down early, or are they still up?

If they are, all is not lost as some traditions suggest that it is unlucky to still have them up after Candlemas, which is around 2nd Feb, so if that is the case, sit back and relax, you have bags of time. :laugh
Diane
jammy
jammy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 19:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took all but my main tree down on Monday, but my main tree I always take down on the 6th. It took me ages as I like to make sure everything is packed properly so it makes it easier to sort out when it next goes up. I am tempted to get a pre lit tree for next Christmas, it would have to be 7ft tall and at least 60 inches wide at the bottom so I can get all my baubles on it :laugh
The lights are the bain of my life when it comes to decorating, they do my head in.
Mal has to take down the outside lights at the weekend. There is no way he can get them down before then.
Gordy
Bubble & Squeak
Bubble & Squeak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 14:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our tree has white lights on it and we bought one coloured set to add a bit of.... well, colour.... obviously, lol, but even the one set is a pain.

I prefer the built in lights because they go right to the ends of the branches which is virtually impossible to do with strings of lights, I like it better that way.

I like the firbe optic ones but I have not yet found a tree with enough fibre optic lights on it, the ones I saw when I was looking last year seemed cheap and rubbish.

Does anyone buy real trees every year? We have never had one, but my friend wouldn't have anything else.
Diane
jammy
jammy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 19:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had real trees in the past, although thats also a pain when having to dispose of them.
If you go to B and Q they sell these twisty things :laugh that help to hold the lights to the end of the tree, they are good and work.
Our tree this year had 5 sets of lights on it and I think it took as long sorting them out as it did to get the tree down.
Its funny you should mention coloured lights because I think they are making a come back, both my Dad in Norwich and sister in law decided to have coloured lights on their trees this year and they looked lovely.
Gordy
Bubble & Squeak
Bubble & Squeak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 20:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, twisty things, I was wondering what the technical name for them was. :laugh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pocketdragonheaven.co.uk Forum Index -> EVERYDAY CHAT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: