pocketdragonheaven.co.uk Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Pocketdragonheaven >Messages Home -> EVERYDAY CHAT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gordy
Bubble & Squeak
Bubble & Squeak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 16:59 pm    Post subject: Snow Reply with quote

Well it hasn't snowed like that here for a long time, we still have a few inches in our back garden, but that is because we get very little sun there in the winter.

The roads are a lot better, but the pavements and car parks are atrocious, we went bingo last night and their car park was like a skating rink, we are so unprepared in this country.

Monday morning Stuart couldn't go to work and we had no milk so we went for a walk to the shops, because the snow was fresh the pavements were ok and it was about 5 inches thick which was fab to trudge through.

Stuart always likes to be prepared so he had two pairs of socks, two t shirts, a jumper, a fleece with a waterproof jacket, jogging bottoms, waterproof trousers, a woolly hat, gloves and waterproof boots, it took 20 minutes for him to get ready, lol.

My protective clothing consisted of fingerless gloves and not wearing my boots with the hole in the bottom. :laugh

We have enjoyed getting the stinks out in the snow, they have had their reservations but they have been very curious.

Here's some piccis from the last few days.

1am monday morning, we had another 3 inches after this.

Dexter's action shot

Bubble - I want to go home!!!!

When we let them out Bubble spends most of her time in the kitchen scrounging for food, here she is looking for her weetabix.

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg284/Gordy237/?action=view&current=Clip393rdFebruary2009.flv
dragonluvver
Superstar
Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 20:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i keep seeing all this snow on the tv, but we've been so lucky, as things have just been slightly white, but the schools have stayed mostly open, except the high school shut early the other day, but kat went to a friends, cos i need to work, and as a single parent, it's a nightmare trying to juggle children if the school shuts unexpectidly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pocketdragonheaven.co.uk Forum Index -> EVERYDAY CHAT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: